Breast Augmentation in Show Low, AZ
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast Augmentation, or breast enlargement, is one of the most common and popular cosmetic procedures in the United States. It is a surgical procedure that is performed to increase breast size, fullness, or fix breast asymmetry. Breasts can be enlarged with Silicone or Saline implants.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Candidates include women who want larger breasts, and those who want to restore the breast volume often lost as a result of pregnancy or significant weight loss. You may be a good candidate if you are:
- In general good health
- Over the age of 18 years old for saline implants
- Over the age of 22 years old for silicone implants
- Undergoing the procedure for personal reasons
- Realistic about procedure expectations
Before & After Breast Augmentation
Breast Implant Options
There are two different types of implants that can be used during your procedure, silicone or saline. The best implant for you will depend on your goal, as well as body measurements.
- Saline Breast Implants: Saline implants are great for patients over the age of 18. These implants are filled with sterile salt water, and are inserted when they are empty to be filled when placed.
- Silicone Breast Implants: Silicone implants are an option for patients over the age of 22. These implants are filled with a silicone gel and are inserted pre-filled. These implants have a more natural appearance.
At your consultation with Dr. Olack, you will have an examination. Then, you will decide together the best choice for you and your body type.
Breast Surgery Patient Testimonial
“One of the most talented plastic surgeons not only in Arizona, but in the country…..I’ve worked with several coast to coast….And I’ve trusted him with my care and received superior results”
What Procedures Can Be Combined With Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Breast Enhancement Surgery Recovery
Discomfort is expected after one undergoes breast augmentation surgery. Dr. Olack suggests that his patients take a week or two off of work and normal activities to promote a healthy recovery. We recommend that patients resume walking as soon as they feel ready. This is to help prevent the formation of blood clots. More strenuous activities should be postponed for several weeks following the procedure. Dr. Olack provides prescription medication to help with the pain associated with recovery. Some patients may be required to wear a special healing bra for a period of time following their procedure.
Risks of Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation surgery is considered to be a safe and effective procedure. However, it is not without it’s associated risks. Risks for breast enlargement surgery include:
- Asymmetrical breasts
- Changes in nipple sensation
- Implant rupture
Dr. Olack is an experienced and trusted breast surgeon, therefore complications are rare. We advise you contact your physician if you are experiencing any of these side effects.